Monday, February 8, 2010

Ever get a false positive b/c of using clomid.?

Ok, I am a little (lots) stressed out after my appointment today. I have been experiencing a higher than usual amount of cramping this pregnancy. I was thinking that since there is NO sign of blood that it could be that I've changed a lot of my eating habits and eat a considerable amount more fruits than I used to. So I thought the cramping might be gas.





Well I went in for my first OB appointment today and since my doctor knew about the cramping did an ultrasound. According to my LMC I am 6 weeks and 3 days. During the ultrasound he couldn't see much. So he requested a transvaginal ultrasound.





During this U/S I couldn't see anything. So the U/S tech said that she needed to have the radiologist look things over. When she came back she asked if I had, had any blood work. I said no, but I got a possitive on a HPT. She said well I'm just not seeing a good enough evidence of a G. Sac. So this of course freaked me out and I proceeded to head back over to my Doctor (same building) and ask them to double check the preg test. They said it was possitive.





I have to wait until later today to find out the results from my actual doctor, but I am so nervous and I'll be really dissappointed if for some reason I am getting false results.





HELP! PleaseEver get a false positive b/c of using clomid.?
Clomid works by blocking estrogen not by using hCG which is what a pregnancy test is looking for.





Early pregnancy ultrasounds are inaccurate.





http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/b鈥?/a>


But, doctors would never misdiagnose something as important as a miscarriage, would they?


Unfortunately, the answer is yes and we can say that with reasonable certainty because we get several cases a month on the website where a woman was misdiagnosed. In many of these cases, the misdiagnosed woman has already turned down the D%26amp;C at least once.


How often do you think a blighted ovum is misdiagnosed?


Honestly, the vast majority of diagnosed miscarriages are in fact miscarriages. We do believe, though, that a fairly large number of women who are diagnosed with a blighted ovum AND have a retroverted uterus are misdiagnosed especially if they are diagnosed at eight weeks or before.


They finally found my baby at 10 weeks but are telling me I am only 7 or 8 weeks but I know this is impossible. How can this be?


The measurements taken by transvaginal ultrasound are very accurate during the first trimester and used by physicians to date the pregnancy. However, they are subject to human error and, we believe, they are not quite as accurate if your uterus is tilted. We've had a number of women who knew exactly when they conceived but did not see their babies until 8 to 12 weeks (or even more) and, when finally found, their doctors insisted their dates were off by weeks. Even if the woman only had sex one time, they'll insist she got pregnant weeks later. We believe that with the awkward positioning during the ultrasound coupled with the tilted uterus, dates are skewed during the first trimester. And, in fact, most of these women report the dates as being accurate again at their 20 week (or second trimester ) ultrasound.Ever get a false positive b/c of using clomid.?
no

No comments:

Post a Comment